How our Cost Sharing Technically Works
Our advanced technology allows members to help pay others' medical costs person-to-person. Your monthly share amount is matched to either one or more members who have medical expenses. The monthly sharing amount that you send is placed in those member's secure accounts. We call the account a ShareBox. Those funds are used to pay that member's medical expenses at the appropriate time.
Here is a quick overview of how it works.
- You visit the doctor.
- You present your membership card and the doctor's office makes a photo copy.
- The doctor's office submits the bill to Liberty HealthShare's administrative unit.
- Liberty HealthShare processes the bill. Using modern technology other members share amounts are matched to your bill.
- Those members are notified of the match. Your personal and health information are kept private, however other members may send you notes of encouragement or support, if you choose, through the online system.
- Liberty sends you an explanation of sharing and distributes member funds to pay your doctor.
Any unspent funds are held in member accounts for future expenses that members might have. By taking charge of our own health care decisions and because of our great administrative staff, Liberty HealthShare members have kept their monthly costs stable for the past several years and hope to do so going into the future.