Sharing Guidelines What's EligibleOur medical cost sharing community is built around members sharing common medical expenses. Our members live all over the country. We pay for each others' eligible medical bills. This isn't a program where you have to visit doctors in a certain network or who follow a certain discipline. Our members determine what health care actions they should take.
In order to be eligible to have your expenses shared by the membership group, you need to make sure your medical expenses meet the guidelines. The guidelines provide a baseline set of rules to keep things fair among the membership.
Our members share these kinds of costs:
- Inpatient or outpatient hospital treatment or surgery for medically diagnosed conditions.
- Physician's services related to illnesses or injuries
- Emergency room care to stabilize a member or initiate treatment in a medical emergency situation
- Prescription drugs for 45 days before and after related medical incidents.
- Physical therapy costs are shared up to 20 visits per year
- Home health care services for up to 30 days related to a medical incident provided this type of care reduces the costs.
- Ambulance services either via land or air to the nearest facility where treatment can be provided.
- Naturopathic and/or Alternative Treatments. (See the Sharing Guidelines IV.C.8. Discussed here.)