"The Catch"The catch is that health care cost sharing is not insurance. We do not make an insurance guarantee or insure that you will receive benefits. However, medical cost sharing members share each other's medical costs. There is no guarantee because this is not insurance. The members simply commit to pay for each others medical costs by paying a fixed monthly "share amount" to pay for each others expenses.
Health care sharing is a different paradigm.
- We aren't insurance, we are medical cost sharing.
- We don't send a monthly fee, payment, or premium, we send a share amount.
- We don't pay claims, we share medical expenses or meet needs.
- We don't have reserves, the Sharing Members retain their own resources as self pay patients.
- We don't have benefits, we follow sharing guidelines.
- We don't have a deductible, we have an annual unshared amount.
- We don't say "you're covered," we say you are "eligible for sharing."
- We don't have plans, we have health care options.